Fall Foliage - Lancaster Covered Bridge Tour

Where Are We Going? How Was The Trip?

Fall Foliage - Lancaster Covered Bridge Tour

Postby MikeWascak » Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:23 am

Our final overnight, multi-day ride for the 2017 riding season will be held on October 27-29. Our destination will be Denver, PA which is part of the Lancaster, PA Amish country. By this time, the leaves should be most colorful. The highlight of this 3-day adventure will be a covered bridge tour through Lancaster county. The ride will be lead by Dick Merrill. If you haven't had a chance to participate in a PARR overnight during this year, now is the chance to enjoy a great ride via scenic backroads in one of the most popular counties in western Pennsylvania. Rooms have be reserved at the Comfort Inn Lancaster County North. The phone number for the hotel is 717-336-7541. Rooms have been reserved under the group name of Potomac Area Road Riders (Group Code PY5DH2). Dick has secured a very good rate for the rooms. Cutoff date for reservations is September 27th. Make your reservations ASAP then notify both Dick and myself. Hope to see you on the ride.
MikeWascak

Re: Fall Foliage - Lancaster Covered Bridge Tour

Postby EdBugash » Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:39 pm

:arrow: David C. & I are going on your ride & we will be roomies. I made the 2 night reservation on line. Looking forward to another fine ride.

Ed B.
EdBugash

Postby KimPalmer » Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:52 pm

If anyone is interested in the Lancaster trip, please note that Dick Merrill's email address has changed it is: cherokeemoss180@gmail.com

Thanks.
Kim Palmer, PARR Secretary
KimPalmer

Postby CarolThomas » Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:26 am

I've reserved a room for this, but don't completely count me in until we see what the weather will be like that week. I might also need to do a couple of horse things that weekend, so consider me to be "flaky, signed up, but might not show up". I just wanted to let Dick and Mike know in case they call the hotel for a head count. I will let you know at the beginning of that week.
CarolThomas

Postby DickMerrill » Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:01 am

Everyone.
My present email address is: cherokee180moss@gmail.com Kim's note has it incorrectly.

Mike Wascak will shortly distribute the Tour Overview via email. I will lead riders to Lancaster via I-95 and the BW Parkway to Baltimore. Mike will lead a group from the Leesburg area. For those on the tour, please contact Mike or myself on your plans to ride with one of us, or meet us in Lancaster.

Dick
DickMerrill

Return to Rides